Saturday, December 13, 2008

What were your faves in 2008?

What were your favorite books read this past year? Book club picks and/or books you read on your own.

This may help us as we select our books for 2009.

Here's what we read in '08:

  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • There’s a Slight Chance I May be Going to Hell
  • Friday Night Knitting Club
  • Kabul Beauty School
  • Water for Elephants
  • Age of Innocence
  • The Lace Reader
  • Three Cups of Tea
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Cheers!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Warning: I feel a little fickle about this, like I could change my mind but here goes:

Out of our book club picks I really liked "Three Cups of Tea" and "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly."

Top three from reading on my own:

"The Road"
"Infidel"
"A Three Dog life"

Honorable mention: "Dewey - The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched The World"

Looking forward to some great reading and discussions in 2009!