Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday's Teaser

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share two or three “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

Give the title of the book and the page you’re getting your “teaser” from... that way people can pick up some great book recommendations.

~avoid spoilers~

Here's mine:

"Intense irritation set in almost immediately as I waited in the blazing sun in front of the hospital. The usual characters milled about: a clove-smoking teenager sat reading a hardcover book; an old man shuffled across the street taking random, huge steps. A goddamned mime, in jeans and a T-shirt with a white painted face, headed straight toward me." p. 33

Lopsided. How having breast cancer can be really distracting by Meredith Norton

"A hilarious and wickedly irreverent look at life with cancer"

9 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

A must read, I think.

Read mine here

Cheryl Pitt said...

I've been looking for a funny breast cancer book to give my friend who just beat breast cancer. Is it laugh out loud funny?

Sherry said...

Cheryl,

I'm only on p. 71 but I've laughed out loud several times already.

The Middle Place is another great book by a breast cancer survivor. It's upbeat & wonderfully written.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a book anyone touched by cancer (directly or otherwise) would enjoy. Great teaser!

Anonymous said...

I love the title!

Alyce said...

Sounds like a good book!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great read for anyone, regardless of whether they have cancer or not, I think. Having a great attitude in the face of hardship is something everyone can benefit from.

Book Lover Lisa said...

That is great, another book I am going to have to find.

avisannschild said...

Wow, sounds very intriguing! You can really feel the person's irritation from that short teaser!